Paddy Stewart Japaljarri
Paddy Stewart Japaljarri was born c.1940 and commenced painting in 1971 at Papunya, Aboriginal Art Regions of Central Australia.
Paddy Stewart Japaljarri was one of the men who painted the Honey Ant Dreaming mural on Papunya School wall.
In 1983, he was one of a group of fully initiated men who painted their Dreamings on the doors of the Yuendumu School (Paddy Stewart Japaljarri painted twenty doors out of the thirty-six).
He is a very prolific traditional painter of Aboriginal mythology and a member of the famous Warlukurlangu Artists Aboriginal Association in Yuendumu , Aboriginal Art Regions of Central Australia.
- National Gallery of Australia, Canberra
- South Australian Museum, Adelaide
- Art Gallery and Museum, Glasgow, U.K.
- 1988-89 "Dreamings" - touring New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, U.S.A.
- 1989 "Magicien de la Terre" - ground installation, Paris
- 1989 Westpac Gallery, Melbourne
- 1989 Lauraine Diggins Fine Art, Melbourne
- 1993 Haven Gallery, Melbourne
- 1993-94 "Aratjara" - touring Dusseldorf, London, Humlebaek
- 1999, 2002 Araluen Arts Centre, Alice Springs
- 2000 5th Biennale de Lyon, France
- 2002 Parliament House, Canberra